Read, understand and consent to the blog's DISCLAIMER here before proceeding to read the article
Anacor pharma IR preso at Deutsche Bank Conf
1. They have cash at least until launch next year
2. 1 interesting pre-NDA asset (onychomycosis) and another more interesting phase 3 asset(atopic dermatitis). Phase 3 to start early next year. There are good market comparables which seem to suggest the 2 products together could garner $300m in peak sales conservatively. Read company's IR presentation for details and Seeking Alpha contributors. SA link
3. Insider ownership very high at 46%. The company was founded >10 years ago.
4. Their market cap is <$209m
5. CFO purchased approx 43k shares at ~$5.2 in the open market this week.
6. Share price of $5.18 is below their recent secondary offering of $6.39.
7. They may be awarded a potential monetary settlement with Valeant in September after their arbitration hearing. If they win , they could get damages up to $215m in which case they will likely have no need to dilute in future. I will be studying the merits of this case and make another post.
Keep in mind, this is a speculative play.
If you like to receive free updates on stocks directly to your email inbox, click on the subscribe via mail icon situated on the top right of this blog.